Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Willy Wonka, Old school

So to try and lift me out of this horrible "funk" as I like to call it. I saw Willy Wonka was on TV, and so I watched it and it was memorizing in parts. I felt like a kid watching it but during some parts I couldn't stop thinking like the sarcastic chick I am. Then I was laughing because of all of these crazy things, and how much the world has changed since this movie was made.

ONE- At the beginning when you see the mom working her ass off and barely scrapping by while the grandparents are all in one bed, clearly not able to help out due to their physical illnesses. Then soon you see Charlie get the golden ticket and all of the sudden Grandpa Joe is jumping out of bed and in no less than a minute of "getting his walk on" he is dancing around. I got to thinking... if I were the mom, I would have been PISSED! Been busting her ass and thought no one could help her and clearly Grandpa Joe was just being lazy.

TWO- When they are at the chocolate river and Augustus decides to drink it. He falls in... does anyone know how to swim or think of saving a child??? WTH?! The ONLY person who tries to do anything is Charlie... a child himself.

THREE- There were a couple different scenes where I thought to myself... when is one of the adults going to say "What the fuck" to Willy Wonka. The first scene I can think of is when Augustus is in the tube and he says he hopes the pressure will last... what a freak. The other one is in the tunnel and all the lights are trippy and he starts singing his creepy song. Seriously...

FOUR- Why don't people use "old" insults anymore, like Twit or Nitwit??? Love 'em!

FIVE- I found just by listening to the songs of the Oompa Loompa's you really are set with life lessons. Take a listen if you like, they are all there on the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spKeBgEub6s

2 comments:

Janet Christine said...

LOL! This makes me want to watch this again.

Blue Lou said...

I know, right?! It made me smile.