Saturday, March 19, 2011

Hot rollers and a robe

I have realized with so much going on... my husband's dad has cancer, my serious accident about 2 weeks ago, husband's school/work issues, my family BS, hubby family BS, and now we just found out hubby's grandfather also has cancer. Life is very short and I am doing what I want, when I want, and how I want.

There has been much more drama with B telling who I can or cant talk to and saying our relationship needs to be 80/20... me being the 80% effort into our relationship and him 20%. I would NEVER have that kind of deal with anyone, not my parents, not even my husband and especially not B(who gives no respect). Its insulting and me explaining how I feel disrespected and being upfront with him went no where, he had excuses for everything and yet told me who I cant talk to otherwise I cannot see his kids.... how much different is that from how often I see them now? THIS is why I am talking to his ex so the kids can get together and play because when divorce happens and kids are involved...its not about the adults anymore its about the kids. They both don't see it but everyone else does. His girlfriend let's call her Mistress Nosey, even emailed me and was demanding details of why I was talking to B's ex and how it was so wrong of me.... the whole situation has nothing to do with her except that she is dating B. She is not the one getting divorced(she hasn't even ever been married) and is not in our family so needs to stay out of it, shes making things worse.

I, however, am over this. With so much illness around my husband's family(which is also mine since we are married and I care about them too), this stupid stuff isn't phasing me like it used to. I am telling it like it is or just not acknowledging childish behaviors. It's not all about one person right now, there are multiple people in our life who are fighting for their lives in more way than one. I am trying to do my best to research, get the best health care for them, get anything to make their lives more comfortable because to me that's what is important right now.


With what little spare time I do have now which is at night before bedtime, I am trying new hairstyles(tonight is hot rollers!) or messing around with clothes or shopping online for new ones(even though I don't have the money, a girl can wish!). I am having a hard time with my medical problems but I am putting it all aside because there are more important things sometimes, that doesn't mean I am not taking a moment for myself if I need it. I am just not letting myself fall too hard when I get sad. I am also finding myself seeing the couple of good things each day instead of focusing on all of the bad, its much easier to focus on the bad in front of you than search in the dark for light(and we know I always have the do things the hard way!).

Please say some prayers for my husband's grandpa and dad, plus anyone else in your life that may be having a hard time.

1 comment:

Janet Christine said...

That's so great that you are taking time out from all of the stress to just be YOU. I'm learning and re-learning that every single day. It's hard when so much crap is going on all around, not to mention our own sicknesses. I'm excited for you getting into the girly hairstyles and having time to just be. I'll keep working on it if you do. lol ;)