Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Biopsy...Schmi-opsy!

I did the biopsy today! It was crazy out though, on the way there this lady totally cut me off and then changed lanes... then cut back in front of me again and started break checking me after I had so nicely moved over so she could merge onto the freeway... ah life! Then after the appointment it was still crazy on the road, I swear people were changing lanes 3-5 people at a time all at once. Half of them didn't use their blinkers so they almost ended up hitting each other... glad I was far back!

The appt itself went ok. The nurse who checked me in, told me I would have stitches, which I wasn't told before this... I don't know how I thought it would heal but I guess it didn't think the biopsies were going to be THAT deep. Of course they weren't going to be dissolve-able stitches, I have to go back in 2 wks and get them taken out. The injections were painful at first on certain areas but after I was numb it was cake from there. But I did find it odd that in my 1st appt I had with the dermo when I was referred, he had said he wanted to make a different appt to do my 4 biopsies because he was going to be out of town and 2 of the 4 biopsies are on each foot in odd places(making it easy for them to get infected). Then at the end of getting all my biopsies he tells me he will be out of town next week while I am healing... so to me that comes off like he just wanted me to pay for another appt.  With him being gone next week, I also wont get my results until after he is back which is not very cool since I would like to know that everything is 100% good.

I wish I would've had hubby drive me though but the receptionist I had asked to confirm that I didn't need him to said it shouldn't be a big deal... even with me having a biopsy in each foot. But then I had to go to the pharmacy afterward to get more band aids and stuff to clean the stitches... so I was limping around like a fool and barely able to move my neck. My neck one is driving me crazy... I tried to clean it tonight while hubby was gone and it was near impossible. I cant see the back of my neck without doing a 2 mirror trick which only leaves me with 1 hand to clean and band aid afterwards. Then, I must've gotten the wrong band aids because it kept slipping right off but you HAVE to keep them on it so I was getting so frustrated, plus you have to make sure its not a bit off to where the sticky part will go over the stitch because then you can tear it out... great.


Just slap a band-aid on it, and everything will be fine!

Again, my back is hurting. My pelvic pain is annoying, comes and goes. I had gluten today.... I knew it as I was eating it but it was what we picked up for lunch and I didn't want to run all around or have to stand and make something GF since I didn't feel good. Plus my mentality was that since I already am in pain today... whats the difference?! There is, but I am the one who has to suffer the consequences. I think it depends on what the particular item is though too, because I am not feeling totally wretched but I can tell I shouldn't have done it.

I hope I can sleep ok tonight, and hoping my bandages don't come off.

No comments: