Saturday, March 26, 2011

Adventure...Oh boy!

I had thought this whole mattress thing would be a great adventure for my husband and I. Plus my mom was willing to watch LO. Long story short, we bought a mattress at a place that is now closed, the mattress is Sealy, we have a 10yr warranty. There are 100's of other stores that sell Sealy but they have to make it really tough when your bed is all messed up. We have lumps/bumps and sag all over this thing and its only been 4 yrs! You have to take pictures of all the things wrong with it, pictures of your bed frame to show you are not misusing the bed set, tags,etc. Its insane but that's fine just give me my new bed that doesn't suck.

Nope. The closest Sealy factory is a state away. Awesome. That is where you HAVE to go if you want to pick it up yourself. Or they can ship it to you for a nice price, yeah right! Why would I pay for that if I have already paid for a warranty... shouldn't that cover the shipping price?

So I dropped off LO and picked up my dad's truck and came home to wait for hubby. Mind you this is no regular truck. It has this squealing that for some reason just doesn't go away, its not that old an doesn't look bad from the outside but its had this issue for a while. Its their crappy truck that they keep so they can haul stuff, that is pretty much it.

First, I decided to lock the doors of the truck to be nice and not get it broken into or something in my driveway. Then I remembered I needed my cell phone to find the keyhole to my front door since we didn't leave the outside lights on which I had nicely left in the locked truck. Oh.. and its raining like crazy and I am in a t-shirt since with my dad's truck heater its hot or nothing. He had told me earlier that the door locks  have to be jiggled a bit. Well I jiggled, I grabbed, yanked, yelled, almost even cried! You get the point. I was standing out in the rain trying to get in. Finally, I gave up and figured out how to get into my house. Then called and asked him what the heck is with those locks!?

The next morning, hubby and I headed for the next state. It started off fine, we turned on the music kind of loud to try and drown out the squealing. I had put on all my nice makeup and did my hair super amazing with hot rollers.... I had joked with hubbs that maybe I could get us an upgrade of a mattress since I looked so good! Anyways, SO many crazy drivers you really had to be on your game. We stopped for food, which you have to turn the truck off for even in a drive-thru because its so freakin loud.

We get to Sealy. WE MADE IT! Victory! The front desk chick tells us to go out to the right. We do. Drive all around to the right side and wait. A guy who works at the loading dock says, go out to the left other side... alright so we do. He comes out loads the mattress with hubbs. Then we spend the next 1/2hour or so trying to tie down a king size mattress into a small Ford ranger bed. Amazing.

On our way back, even more crazy drivers. Its backed up so I'm glad we left when we did otherwise we would've hit that mess! Eventually, I ask hubbs..."Is the squealing starting to sound like crickets at night?... or am I starting to go mad?" He said I was going mad. Figures. But down the road a couple hours back to our house, he says he hears it too. So at least Ive got company in my madness. Then since I have a bladder the size of a pea we had to stop at a rest stop, turned the truck off... and OMG.... are my ears bleeding?! No... they just actually hurt from all that sound. Never again. While I appreciate it, I think I would only borrow it for short jaunts, 1 hour tops.


Exactly...


But we got our new mattress, yay! Still covered for another 6 yrs under warranty. The new bed is amazing so far! We shall see how long it lasts!

The whole time going there, my back/neck was acting up so I barely wanted to talk, it was excruciating. By the time we got to my parents house, I had put my hair up in a ponytail and rubbed all of my makeup off because I just didn't care at that point I was in so much pain. At least I had started the day off trying to look good, the theory doesn't always work I suppose!

No comments: