Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Un-Enjoyment... oh I mean Unemployment

So since yesterday as my post showed, I was kind of down questioning things and relationship with people. As the rest of the day went by my anger faded but was still a bit sad. I left it to the situation I am in and how I am trying so hard and not seeing too many results yet. Besides on the Gluten free thing, I can tell because I'm not as bloated but its not like Ive lost a bunch of weight or anything. Its still going to take some getting used to because I forget so many things have Gluten in them.

Anyhow-- so I did my Zumba dance workout last night because I missed my opportunity during the day to do the other stuff I had wanted to do. I felt pretty accomplished after finishing the workout though, got my sweat on! I think I probably did overdo it this time though because I was massively sore a couple hours later and that is my sign. Next time I will cut it back by a song, and hope that I can keep working my way up instead of backwards.                           

                                                                         

I called my husband at some point yesterday and he tells me that probably in the next couple weeks to month he had asked his boss and hours are being cut back... again. He was laid off from December 2009 to about August of 2010 so it was about a year, very rough. We always had to borrow money from our parents for groceries and such, its embarrassing. When he got back to work end of August he was working a lot, then they cut the hours back to like 2 days a week which is pretty much just like being on unemployment or as we like to say un-enjoyment. Then they rear back up to full time and some... the company gypped him out of part of his pay for all his OT and the union is dealing with that but now again instead of slowing down to a steady pace they still have them all going full steam ahead and then are going to be barely working soon. We are thankful that he has a job, but to keep going like this is rough. I don't want to have to keep asking family for money and especially now that I cannot go back to eating Gluten and things that are typically cheaper foods. I'm sure some of you are thinking, save up then when he is working. BUT due to him being laid off for so long we had to put stuff on credit cards(not massive but enough!) and we are paying off all our bills before we do anything else so ya really cant save or we can save the money and just pay minimum payments on the cards which is what husband wants to do.

Its so amazing to me because this morning I remember thinking.... "If I have one more major thing happen, like someone dies or anymore job issues, I think I may have a mental break!" Well I am not there yet but I think that's just because nothing has happened yet for sure.... I am just so anxious that I could be vomit. As his wife I want to step up and say that's ok I can go to my old flower shop and ask to work part time.... but their part time is still like 8hr days just a couple times a week and I need more like 4 hour days. But its hard makes me feel like I should be doing more when I know in reality its next to impossible. I will say though, I have overcome impossible standards before in my life and think maybe I am due for some more.

2 comments:

Noelle Dunn.... A Poet in Progress said...

I'm glad you got out and got your zumba on! I'm signing up for a class here. I'm sorry that things have been so tough for you. Job worries and not feeling well on top - that's just an awful double whammy.

That Girl With Endo said...

Thinking of you! xoxo