Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ah Potty training...

So the day has arrived. The other night I went to go to the bathroom and my child followed me in as usual but then asks me to help her get her pants down... ok, then proceeds to ask to take her diaper off...alright... then sits on the potty nakey... good... and I am done going at this point and I say ok stay there Im going to throw your diaper away, still being able to see her I went down the hall. Then I hear the miraculous sound of potty song music!!! *heavens above opened up* I was almost going to flip out, obviously in a good way, but I had to contain it to a calmer version as to not freak her out. I, then gave her a sticker which she was stoked about and could not stop smiling I was so happy this had finally happened. If that wasn't a sign saying she was ready I don't know what would be.

The next day I decided to get this going since she started... went and bought a new travel potty chair for the car and a couple different kinds of pullups(cool alert, nighttime, and Dora) hoping that we would find one that she would be good with, some stickers and skittles and let her pick out her own undies for later on. Since that day I had to run around and pick my parents up, and that was a long drive I really didn't get into the whole "scene" until today. Plus I am pretty much keeping the PT thing a secret because I don't want my mom calling everyday asking how its going if its not going well and the fact that I want to surprise everyone. So it was rather tough because I was really excited.

Now we are on the technical first day of training... ask me how hard this day has hit me, I dare you! I began realizing how I cannot do the things I want to do in life and for my family, etc and it really brought me down. It was hard because I was trying the naked method, but halfway through the day it was snowing and she deserved to go out and play... but its too cold for naked outside playing. Had to use a pullup which I felt ok with until I realized that she was treating the pullups as if they are just diapers(and those things are pricey!). I just got this 3 day potty training thing and am going to try this starting tomorrow because it makes more sense than my thing I was doing... I knew I was lost and hopefully while doing this I can regain my composure once again.

Its not that I am not totally stoked still... its just after the initial pee in the potty, and lots & lots of pee on the carpet it starts weighing down especially when you are in massive pain from the cold weather. This 3 day one pretty much says I cannot use pullups anymore, so that was a big waste of much money... and now I have to send my husband tomorrow to buy more undies because there are going to be lots of guaranteed accidents in during the next couple of days and I don't know if I will be able to catch up with the laundry since you have to watch the kid like a hawk for this to work. Only God knows.

Considering all of this is going on, I haven't worked out for longer than I had hoped. So hopefully she can catch on and I can re-start my workouts. My child is my main focus currently and I am ok with that. So if you don't hear from me for a couple days send Stanley Steamer out to my house because I am probably drowning in wet flooring... or if you see random posts that are ramblings about pee/poop its probably safe to assume things are not going to great...also if you have any helpful hints I am all ears. I know my kid can do this but I don't know if I can!

No comments: