Monday, January 31, 2011

Dark places

I am wondering if anyone else has these same thoughts and feelings as I do about fights in life with friends, family, or significant others really taking ya down to a dark place where as if I wasn't dealing with my medical stuff I would be able to handle these situations better.

Its frustrating enough that I have all of these medical conditions and a couple new things that have now risen since I saw a new doctor last week, so again I have new worries and of course who could forget about the old worries! It just boggles my mind how much some of us deal with and yet we still go on, most of us very nice people on top of it!

Currently, I am in a bit of a freak out mode. I had a slight argument with someone and its really just weighing on me hard. I keep going over it thinking did I do something wrong in it or am I right in being mad? So far I don't think I am all wrong or all right. I explain to people what I need to be successful with the weight loss stuff when they ask so they can be sure to know what I need.... then they turn around and don't do ANY of the crap I need... none. Makes me feel like wow, its all about you... and in many relationships its like that. I don't need people to be focused on me all the time or anything I am a pretty laid back chick most of the time, but if you ask and I tell you then its just plain messed up to do the opposite things and then wonder why I am so mad/upset/discouraged.

I just want important people in my life to get me, even when I am down. I wish I had one of those relationships where the other person knew what you were thinking before you said it or just got you enough to not make you feel the way I feel right now. At the same time, this isn't even a HUGE argument or anything yet its just made me feel very alone which then leads me to feel like why is this such a big deal to me? Am I a little bit crazy or something?

I think we all want what everyone wants though except for us it really is hard to find... people who just understand. To make us feel like we aren't alone in this battle, which is the reason I am writing on here compared to bitching to a friend or something... because I know so many of you get this... because you're in the same predicament I am. While I wish none of us had to go through this, it does give me comfort to know someone is out here listening... and I hope I can be that comfort for someone else too.

1 comment:

Minnie S. Lee said...

hey there!

first off, I just want to say one thing - you are not alone, and it really doesn't matter if people understand you or not. if they can't, just walk away. There are others that do.

secondly...thnks for yet another encouraging post on my blog! No rush at all getting to a point where you want to run...just build slow, keep doing what you're doing. The worst thing you can do to yourself is to rush into any activities that would result in a set back. trust me, i've experimented with myself enough that I know what NOT to do (altho i still do it).

Heed is an energy drink mix with electrolytes - with quality ingredients. check it out at www.hammernutrition.com. drinking it before and during races have helped me quite a bit.