Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Only the good...

Today started off pretty good with a friend of mine and some coffee. It was very relaxing and nice to know I could just vent and let her vent without any judgements. Ive known her for about a year or so, met her through this local support group for chronic pain. I no longer go to the meetings because the woman running the meetings couldn't get anything straight and seemed pretty hypocritical/judgemental and after a while I just couldn't handle it.... I had enough stress at my house I wanted to feel good after going to a meeting but I would sometimes end up crying in my car afterwards because it was so depressing. I was the youngest person at the meetings and it felt like everyone there pretty much had their life keep getting worse and worse in each imaginable way. My friend and I have kept in contact since even as the group was crumbling, we got to know each other and our families more. She is the kind of friend I hope I can keep through my life, I never feel her judge me and I feel like we can always vent to each other... in my experience with people that is SO rare.



I am still having my own family issues which are putting a dark cloud above me. I have been keeping my mouth shut with them because some of them are the ones I am usually the closest with and this is the most distant I have felt from them due to the issues being caused by a different family member whom I am not close with. I feel as though that other person is given a get out of jail free card one too many times and its not just that I am annoyed that my family is getting taken advantage of but also because its effecting my relationship with my family. Hoping things will get better without having to talk about it any further because if I mention it its so "Taboo" but if they mention it to me its fine and I just cant say anything back.  I don't want a huge blowout with some of the people that mean the most to me.

Also... my hubby heard from his father recently and I guess he has cancer. I have never met him but have talked to him and he seems like a very nice guy, he may be coming to see us soon. Its always amazing to me that God gives these people who are nice cancer or chronic pain,etc.... not that I wish it on others but seriously its sad to see. I hope that things turn out well for him and the relationship for him and us keeps growing because I feel it would do both parties good.

Praying for everyone to either get their shit together or for things to fall into place for others.

No comments: