Monday, February 14, 2011

*Birthday Post*

We went up to where the snow was this weekend for my birthday, had my parents watch the kids! It was so nice to have a bit of a break! We even went snow mobiling which was a new thing for me, really fun! The only issue was the Gluten stuff.... I ate regular food over the weekend because it was kind of hard to avoid the gluten and that meant I was in massive pain and in the bathroom for hours.... but other than those hiccups along the way it was very nice.

My brother's birthday is actually a day before mine, so I made sure to give him a card before I left. I haven't heard anything from him about my birthday though... its kind of irritating. I know my birthday is on Valentines Day which makes it so people seem to either remember right off the bat because its on this day or they forget because they are so wrapped up in their own stuff. Considering his is the day before mine and stuff though, its like, really you couldn't have sent me a quick email!? Things like this kind of upset me when there is more going on behind the scenes. I get on FB hoping to see just even one happy birthday, and nada. Kind of bummed me out.... these are the moments I am like maybe I will just delete everyone since I hate FB anyways and the only reason I add people is because they add me first, and are usually family but I mainly use FB for different groups. I guess they still have all day....its just nice to be thought of by people when I go out of my way to make them happy for their birthdays or whatnot.

Ive always hated having my birthday on Valentines Day... which most people assume and say to me "Oh you get double I bet!"... no. Its not that hubby doesn't do great things or anything because as I said we had our weekend retreat and it was great. Its that on everyone else's birthday they are celebrating THEIR day, everywhere they go its about them, they can get special deals-whatnots. For me its super busy restaurants, women all around me getting flowers,candies,cards, and its not "special". I am not a center of attention kind of person usually, but on my birthday its just nice to be acknowledged.

So anyways that is my birthday rant! I need to get back on track with my workouts since I skipped 2 days over the weekend. I am dreading it but i know its good for me! Here I go!

2 comments:

That Girl With Endo said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day.

There is a facebook group called My Endo Sisters which is awesome. Are you a member? I am on that group every day!

Blue Lou said...

I dont think so, I will have to check it out!

Thank you, I really appreciate it.