Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ah yes, Cousin Red...

Oh the days of nausea are back. I so hate this, and I hate people's reaction to it. Its always them starting off with "are you pregnant?!" No. I'm not. Thanks for asking and making me freak out a little in my head even though this nausea is a constant thing.

For me it works out like this, go to bed feeling decently(pain still usually there). Then I take Melatonin for sleep now before bed so I am passing out on the couch because I am so tired from it. In the wee hours of the morning I wake up to go potty because at some point during one of laproscopies for Endo someone HAD to have nicked something because my pee schedule is not normal and wont ever be.  Anyhow when I go back to bed after getting up to potty, I am feeling kind of like puking but eventually my tiredness takes over and I fall back asleep. Not for long.... every so often I wake up and look at the clock and still feel ill. Its almost like I am nervous about something but I'm not thinking about anything. Now I wake up and just fight from getting sick.... I don't understand this, its making me mad. One thing I hate more than pain oddly enough is the nausea.

Ive had this issue since I was about 14 or so. I would at that age get up feel the same symptoms and try to go to school. Puke in my brothers car all over myself on the way there(it ended up being like mucus not even vomit) and then he would have to loan me his sweatshirt if I forgot to bring an extra shirt. I looked like a ghost because of how sick I was. Then at about 10-11am I was fine, it all went away. Then the next day it would be the same battle, it was a seasonal thing every couple seasons it would happen. Now its not seasonal its almost all the time with a break here or there. I remember my mom finally asking me if I was pregnant at 15 when it kept happening, and I had never even had sex.... so awkward. I was taken to the doctor to see what was going on... they didn't really take many tests and the doctor assumed I must have anxiety problems and put me on an anti-depressant which introduced me to depression.

I have noticed now that I am off my continuous birth control pills my hormones had seemed to be leveling more. But yesterday I got my Cousin Red, I realized that's probably half of the reason the last couple of days Ive been so down and angry.... Like an epiphany it hit me. I need to look into some herbal remedies for PMS or PMDD now because I think with having been on Lupron and how that messed up my body so badly and just different hormone things with Endo in general I need to figure something out.

I would like to add I re-made my GF lemon poppy seed muffins last night, they turned out amazing! And I made a orange muffin since some people cannot have poppy seeds. We are going to sit at home and watch football today, GO GREEN BAY! My parents are going to come over and we're going to eat Chinese food. Today is my cheat day for food(paleo) the only thing that sucks is that I have yet to find a small town Chinese restaurant that even knows about Gluten free soy sauce or this coconut alternative one. So I will be in pain later. Still getting the hang of this GF thing.

No comments: