Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ah, good ol' government

So not sure if I posted about this before but in fall of 2010 I finally gave in to applying for SS. I just couldnt take the fact that I cannot work anymore but cant do anything about it. I contributed to SS since I was of age to work so now that I am sick and in pain, I should be entitled to MY money that I put into the system!

Today, I got the denial letter. It has a nice way of making you feel like you SHOULD be doing more and COULD be right now. Gotta love that even though I am the one who lives in this body daily and know what the deal is. Plus its so weird to me how "their" gov't doctors look at your medical history, but dont even interview you and can just up and say that they dont agree that you cant work. I mean I already feel kind of crappy having to file in the first place, this is NOT the way I imagined my life to be. But when you get lemons you make lemonade, right?

So I called a friend who is on SS currently, and asked for the lawyers name. Im going to get on this. This year is a new year and I am conquering my own demons, getting healthy, and cannot be brought down. I mean especially since the gov't does nothing except receive money from the big pharmacy companies to say its ok to be on certain drugs and they are "safe" and to not make docs or anyone else tell you what the real deal behind it is.... considering that happened to me and is a huge reason I am in the predicament, I will say I really dont care that they had their doctors say I could work... because doctors are the ones who lied in the past. Bring it on man, bring it on....

2 comments:

That Girl With Endo said...

I don't live in the USA but think I know what SS means. Have you seen this site? Maybe it might help you? http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/conditions-page-1-67.html

Blue Lou said...

I will look more at that, I glanced but Im not sure if itll help. The lawyer said there are 2 different things to look at, one is if you make too much money, which right now my husband does but he was just laid off for a year and we had very little coming in which is what prompted me to file because since I cannot work I feel I need to contribute something.
The 2nd thing I was told they consider is my work history, I am still "young" so my work history isnt that great, I worked hard when I did work but I mean Ive been dealing with this since teenage years so I dont know how they expect me to have that much.

Either way I dont know why they cant pay me the money I paid in even if its a little bit. Plus she said my case is "complex" which I am so very sick of hearing from anyone... which means they cant explain where or why endo came about or why I have fibro even though I explained Lupron on that one then Id have to find a doc who is willing to say that. The whole thing is out of hand.....

Thank you for the link though, I will look more into it and see if I can find anything better than what they are telling me.