Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Changes, changes, beautiful changes

So obviously I have started that detox, that is some crazy stuff! I take a bath daily just for detox purposes and so far the best one where I can tell something is happening is the Apple Cider Vinegar one. I felt SO relaxed about to pass out right there, plus my muscles felt fantastic after!

As for the attitude change, not there yet. I guess its going to take some time. I havent said this to anyone I  just post it here but I feel like this years startoff for a better attitude didnt start off well. I mean I had some drinks on new years eve and ended up in massive pain the next day, then the last couple days I have been having horrible "fibro" pain, thanks again Lupron! Just makes it hard to be positive, especially as I see my husband re-starting his workout regime(lost 65lbs last year and has maintained), there is no way I could do that and take care of my kid, I have to feel a bit less pain before I could do it so Im focusing on the nutrition.

The nutrition is going ok so far, I feel good about it. I have this weird aversion to meat and some dairy products the last couple years. So I figured why not go halfsies Vegetarian?! Sometimes I will still make meat if I have people over or for my husband but other than that I am fine with not eating it. Plus with many of those recipes you seem to really learn how to use those spices to make things taste better! I am trying to take a slow approach to this though, because as I have learned before if you jump into to it without any carbs or whatever... you fail because your body is in shock. You start off with some carbs(less than before) than slowly get lower and lower and then maintain the amount.

My brother who is in the military does Paleo. He has been teaching me lots about it and I try to incorporate Paleo principals into my diet, just kind of hard due to them eating lots of meat. We shall see what this weird veg-low carb-Paleo-raw-detox diet turns into as I go.

No comments: