Sunday, April 3, 2011

Truly painful

Today started out ok believe it or not, I have been trying to stay busy which is easier on the weekends since we tend to have to run errands and whatnot. Did stuff around the house when we finally got home and I wanted to see if there was a huge difference with a GF lady finger for Tiramisu, so I was standing for a while making all of that...there is a difference by the way they are VERY cookie like and you almost need to soak them for a while first otherwise it wont soak through like the regular ones. I think I am going to try homemade shortbread next time. Then hubby really wanted meatloaf so I tried a new recipe and mashed potato's and amazing GF gravy. I have been pretty much standing, cleaning, cooking all day. I mentally felt better because I didn't have the chance to think about things too much and it was nice and sunny.

The last multiple hours got rough though. My legs are like gnawing down to the bone, hips to toes. Hubby came and elevated them for me and gave me ice packs for my thighs. Then he changed my dressings for my stitches, which now has gotten so raw from the often band aid changes that I had to have him try to tape gauze on which doesn't stay very well.

We had planned 1 thing so far for tomorrow and it is supposed to be quick. Now MIL calls and is asking for "possible" help with something that is hours away from where she or we live and isn't even sure its going to happen.... shes so weird. Then she doesn't tell hubby about HIS grandfather and the cancer stuff, but when on the phone with me she tells me all about it, her tone of voice didn't change once. Then we had offered to have her(and others) over to our house for an Easter egg hunt thing for the children around, she then invites herself to do egg coloring with us. We do that before Easter itself and now that LO is getting old enough its something that is just for the 3 of us, but this is the type of thing she does. Even though normally she wants nothing to do with her son or granddaughter.

On top of just being in massive pain and stupid drama, in spring we get these tiny little ants here or there in the bathroom or whatever room really. It is driving me crazy! It makes me feel like we aren't clean or are slobs or something which really isn't the case. I have no idea how to make them go away, plus its kind of hard since we have LO we really cant use a bunch of sprays or whatever in the house.

Hoping things turn out for everyone, my blogger friends included. Seems like a lot of us have been having hard times.

No comments: