Sunday, April 10, 2011

The dust is settling finally

This whole weekend has been so busy I haven't had a minute to myself. I took this gun class thing with my mom recently, its all about self defense and just basic gun stuff then they take you to the range and you get to shoot for a while. I did pretty good, it was really exciting! Later that night my arm and back was kicking my ass though, I slept like crap. I also had volunteered to watch my niece and nephew because their father(my brother) decided to not tell their mom(his soon to be ex) that he was not going to show up on his weekend to have the kids.... I think that sucks. I know how it feels to need a break after days of being the only one tending to kids and having no adult interaction, but overall I felt horrible for my niece and nephew. Yes they are young but they still know its Daddy time and I just kept imagining them looking out the window for him. All the kids got along pretty well since they have gotten a little older. We did some fun stuff and it was just nice seeing them and I was very happy that my LO got to spend time with her only cousins.

I made a yummy Shepard's pie tonight for dinner. I made my Blue Moon ice cream the other night but for me it didn't taste like the original so I still want to go buy some one day. Then last night I made a banana dark chocolate chunk ice cream which was amazing! Its so much fun figuring out new things to make.

I got re-connected with my Maid of Honor from my wedding who I also went to high school with. Even though we weren't like super best friends through high school, she was always there for me and I for her. We got closer over the years and now we live in the same town, so we are hoping to get together soon depending on her work schedule because its kind of weird.

My stitch areas are finally healing more to where they don't itch so much. Now I am just waiting to get in for that excision surgery to take out all the cancer cells, THEN hopefully I can be done with this except for checks here or there. Have a GYN appt coming up which I am nervous about because I am betting she will opt for my 5th Laproscopic surgery since I have been off of BCP's for about 6 months now. Its just too much money for something that doesn't seem to last. We shall see. I am remaining somewhat upbeat still but I feel like once the same out routine or Monday comes into play I may be fighting off sadness again....

No comments: