Sunday, July 24, 2011

The simple things

I have a good life overall. My husband is good to me even though we fight from time to time like any normal couple. My child is healthy and usually happy with a tantrum here or there. Sometimes we forget those things that we take for granted. Like our sight, the ability to see the wonderful views of the ocean or a sunset things that calm my soul. Or our smell, I love the smell of fresh cut grass or when I am baking something wonderful. Hearing too, the sounds of music or our loved ones voice's. Just being able to move, breathe on our own, and laugh, such things that are typically overlooked.

I find it hard to appreciate the simple things sometimes because of how life is going. Sometimes I think I choose to be mad because I just forget the things that I am so blessed to have.

This year was supposed to be the start of something great. I have had a really bad luck kind of year though but maybe the great thing is me realizing all I need is the things I have now. While we are trying not to not get pregnant because I don't want to get my hopes up or for it to become mechanical like the first time, if it doesn't happen then I will know it wasn't meant to be. I've had skin cancer problems, totaled my car beginning of the year, family drama, found out M is having major surgery soon, and today... well today I got into a car accident for the 2nd time in a year. While I am so fucking pissed off for a couple reasons. I am so much more thankful that my child, my husband and I were not hurt. I don't know why a deer decided to jet out of the bushes from nowhere right at that second but it did. Maybe its time for a deeper reflection, maybe I didn't understand something after the first car accident this year. Is it a sign? Maybe or maybe not... but either way why sit here and be mad/sad for something that turned out ok in the end?

So I am going to take things one day at a time if I can possibly stand it. Which means, today I am thankful that my family and I are still breathing, still listening, still talking, still smelling the fresh cut grass! It could've been so much worse which is why I look at our situation like we have it made.

1 comment:

That Girl With Endo said...

I love how you can still count your blessings when life is throwing you a curve ball. You are to be admired for your strength. Xxx